Six reasons why we could be the Addams family –
- Seven year old Alia snuggles up every night with a stuffed toy Cthulhu (for six year old Zoe, it’s a stuffed toy bat).
- A popular topic at the dinner table is How To Best Survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Of great concern is what would be an appropriate choice of weapon for small girls. Something light weight and easy to handle, yet effective in dispatching the walking dead…
- With literal violence against their siblings expressly forbidden, the children amuse themselves in the back seat of the car by coming up with the most ludicrously violent verbs and phrases they can think of. “Slap. Punch. Kick. Poke eye. Cut out tongue. Set on fire. “ Bonus points for making the other players laugh, double points if it’s accompanied by a suitable sound effect.
One year, Alia chose a solar powered “Nightmare Before Christmas” Bobble Head Jack for her father for Christmas. She hadn’t seen the movie, she just thought it looked nice.
- My slippers have a skull and crossbones on them. A girly skull and crossbones, though, so that’s normal, right?
- We celebrated our wedding anniversary last year by watching “Zombieland”. It was so romantic…